Thanksgiving; pumpkin pie, apple spice, and basted turkey! Families getting together, stories retold, new ones shared, hope springs up, and we give thanks!
- We thank God for those we love, for the new baby in the family, for the memories of those who no longer sit around the Thanksgiving table this year.
- We thank God for the provision He has given, the direction He has led us.
- We thank Him for our good health, and we thank Him for giving strength and hope when health fades.
- We thank God for a free country, a place where we can express ourselves without fear.
- We thank God for the men and women who serve to keep us free.
- We thank God for the freedom to worship, to praise, and to pray!
These are just a few of the things that spring to mind when I think of giving thanks to God, but I am just getting started . . .
I thank God that He never leaves me, never! No matter where my journey takes me, God is there, always near, always lending a hand, giving me a good word of hope, encouraging me forward!
I thank God for His laws and precepts, His statues and His ever prevailing guidance; without these I would surely be lost. I would fall quickly and permanently without His ever present Word showing me the way.
I thank God for His correction to me. When I error, when I sin, He does not walk away but rather gets involved. He loves me enough to take me to the proverbial “woodshed.” While painful, I know without a doubt that He loves me! I am so thankful for that!
I thank God that when I pray, He listens! I am so glad that my words do not fall on deaf ears. It means so much to me that He listens to every word I speak. How wonderful!
I thank God for His power, it is limitless! Sometimes I feel so weak, so powerless, and insignificant. I thank God that I am yoked to Jesus and that I am not laboring alone.
I am glad that Jesus loves me enough to tell me that I sometimes try to pull the whole load, and that I should let Him carry it. Jesus is so kind to me, and I am very thankful for that!
I could go on and on and on! How about you? What are you thankful for?
Take a moment and reflect, and be thankful, and if you are like me, it won’t take long before your eyes are full of tears of joy, as the overwhelming reality of God hits you right in the heart!